Concert Featuring Two Pipe Organs for San Gennaro Festival 2021 in Little Italy
September 23 @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PMFree
* In-Person Event * FREE concert on the historic 1868 Henry Erben and the 1859 Hall & Labagh pipe organs for San Gennaro Festival
Lana Krakovskiy and Maria Rayzvasser, Erben Ambassadors, present a concert featuring both the Erben and the Hall & Labagh organs, and music by Italian composers for San Gennaro Festival. On the program: organ solos and duets; music from the 16th to 21st centuries.
This IN-PERSON event is FREE – donations to support our music programming are appreciated!
The majestic 1868 Erben organ is complemented by the 1859 Hall & Labagh chancel organ, installed in the Basilica in 2016. This instrument and the Erben organ give us a marvelous sense of what people heard in the golden age of New York organbuilding.
On the Erben:
1. Johann Caspar Kerll (1627-1693): Battaglia
2. W.A. Mozart (1756-1791): Fantasia in C Minor
3. Samuel Scheidt (1587-1684): Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr (Glory be to God in the Highest)
4. J.S. Bach (1685-1750): Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr, BWV 663: il canto fermo nel tenore
5. Carlotta Ferrari (b. 1975): Campanarium (The Bell Tower)
On the Hall & Labagh:
6. Anna Bon di Venezia (c. 1738-1769): Sonata IV
7. Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643), from Fiori Musicali: Toccata avanti il Recercar & Recercar Cromaticho post il Credo
8. Luigi Boccherini (1743-1805): Minuet from String Quintet in E Major – Duet Organ 4 hands
9. Carlotta Ferrari: Il Picchio (The Woodpecker), composed 2021. Duet Hall & Labagh and Erben
On the Erben:
10. Adolph Hesse (1809-1863) Fantaisie in C Minor – Duet Organ 4 hands
Photo of the Erben and the Hall & Labagh chancel organ by Joshua South, Sidewalk Productions.